Happy Thanksgiving! I am now sitting on the couch with a full belly and a happy heart! After running the Charlotte Turkey Trot this morning I came home and cooked up a storm in the kitchen. Our menu included:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole (my favorite!)
- Green Beans
- Macaroni and Cheese (my grandma’s recipe of course!)
- Squash Casserole
- Homemade Biscuits
The best part is all the leftovers we will be eating throughout this weekend
On this day and every day, I think it is important to think about what I am thankful for and sometimes tend to take for granted:
* Having a healthy and happy family and two loving parents who have been married over 30 years!
* My husband who loves me unconditionally, no matter how bossy and irritable I get
* The cutest, sweetest doggie and kitty that a girl could ever want
* A strong, healthy body that helped me run the Turkey Trot 8K this morning in 52.23!
* A stable, well-paying job doing something I really enjoy and great coworkers who teach me something new every day
* A roof over my head and hot food on my table
* Having a group of amazing friends, some of which I have had most of my life. Though many of them are far away, I know I have their unconditional love and support and can pick up the phone any time I need them
While I may love shopping and material things, I thing there is nothing better to be thankful for than some incredible people in my life and a God who brings me new things to be thankful for each day!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and continues to remember to be thankful each day!