ShopStyle: Shopping Made Simple with Hipiti
Tired of receiving a million emails a day from your favorite stores? Well look no further than Hipiti, the newest way to simplify your shopping and sales experience online. Hipiti allows users to customize their email subscriptions and condense them into an organized platform. With popular retailers like J.Crew, GAP, and Ann Taylor on board, Hipiti is guaranteed to become your go to for finding the latest deals at your favorite stores. Recently I had the opportunity to hear more about Hipiti from founders Kristin Flink Kranias and Rama Katkar as they prepared for their public launch:
1. How did you and your business partner Rama come together on this idea? Did you know each other previous to this partnership?
Rama and I met in business school at Stanford. We immediately bonded over our addiction to online shopping and our desire to become entrepreneurs someday. We both went back to corporate jobs after graduating, but always kept in touch about starting a company together and finally made the leap at the end of last year.
2. What is your favorite part of being an entrepreneur? The hardest?
My favorite part is watching a product that you conceived become a reality and now hearing from Hipiti members that love using it! Makes you feel great to know you are solving a real problem for your customers. The toughest part is not having the resources of a big company at your finger-tips. Though we both worked for 10+ years, we come across new challenges everyday – the learning is great, but we have to switch hats constantly. We do everything from data entry to developing partnerships – it definitely keeps you on your toes!
3. Who is the ideal Hipiti user? How can users benefit from the service?
Our target customer is a female from 25-45. She has disposable income and loves to shop, but doesn’t have time to read through all of the retail emails she gets to find the best offers on her favorite brands. This is where Hipiti steps in – we collect all those offers, then rate them and sort them for each member so you get one email with only the best and most relevant offers to you. We aspire to save our customers both time and money!
4. What are your top 3 tips for women looking to start their own business?
1. Do your market research on your business idea to make sure there is both customer demand and a revenue model that can work.
2. Once you’ve done that research and feel confident in it, take the big leap and don’t have any regrets about what you’re leaving behind
3. Listen carefully to advice from customers and mentors, but make sure you put a filter on what is relevant and what is not. You’ll get an overwhelming amount of feedback, but it’s most important when it comes from someone who is a target user or someone who is an expert in the industry.
5. What’s next for Hipiti?
We just launched out of our private beta, so we’re excited to reach new users and get more feedback to improve the product. We’re also really excited about our upcoming mobile app. We’re designing it right now and see many applications for both in store shopping and browsing while you’re on the bus. Sign up at hipiti.com and let us know what you think (completely free and painless)! We love hearing from our members!
Thanks to the lovely ladies at Hipiti, you can enter to win $25 to your favorite store! Simply head over and sign up for Hipiti and leave a comment here with where you would spend your gift card. Contest ends at midnight on 11/22 and winner will be announced on Black Friday, just in time for your holiday shopping.