StyleDiary: A Very Casual Friday
In the business world, we look forward to a little thing aptly called Casual Friday. Not only because it’s the start of the weekend (can I get an Amen?!), but the prospect of trading that pencil skirt for a pair of denim is enough to make any working woman jump for joy. However, lately I have noticed my office has been taking the casual in casual Friday a bit too literally. So I think it might be time for a little PinQue public service announcement. Not that I would expect you super stylish readers to partake in this action, but you may want to spread the word to your unruly coworkers.
1. Velour tracksuits with UGG boots are not appropriate for the office. Or for life in general.
2. Neither are sweatpants and printed sweatshirts. Unless you happen to work in a fashion office, in which I am sure these sweatshirts are acceptable on some occasion.
3. Unless you have an orthopedic issue or work in a gym, athletic footwear does not belong in the office.
4. And while athletic shoes should not be worn at work, SOME kind of footwear should. Don’t walk around the office in your bare feet, just don’t.
5. Last, but not least, any denim that you didn’t purchase within the last five years or so belongs on the racks at Goodwill, not in your cubicle. Acid wash went out in the 80’s, as did washed-out Lee denim.
Yes, these are all things spotted in my office last casual Friday. You can feel free pick up your jaw off the ground now.