One thing I love about warm weather is the ease of getting dressed in the morning. Throw on a simple dress, some heels and out the door I go. And if my coworkers are lucky I manage to take the extra time to blow dry my hair. I am headed off to sunny California for a few days to celebrate my anniversary, so while I am away enjoy some of my favorite summer frocks and hopefully some warm weather to go with them!
1 // ZARA Cape Sleeve Dress 2 // The Limited Peplum Dress 3 // Banana Republic Printed Halter 4 // Lana Floral Dress 5 // Old Navy Printed Maxi 6 // London Times Colorblock Maxi 7 // LOFT Polka Dot Shift
And just for fun, some pics of the husband and I (we look soooo young!!) in San Diego for Part I of our honeymoon, circa 2006:
“The thing is this, after a while, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh. Know what I mean?” Mr. Big
The husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary over the Memorial Day weekend. I use the term “celebrate” loosely because it was really just a low-key weekend full of relaxing, errands and working on our home. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. Seven has always been my lucky number and I couldn’t feel luckier this year to have my husband by my side. Through all my crazy ideas, insane workaholism, and just general insanity (trips to the emergency room anyone?), the poor man has stood by my side, hugged me tight and dried all my tears (and changed all my bandages). Sometimes I think he got the short end of the stick. I am so thankful for a partner who loves me for who I am (and who I am not), supports me in everything I do, and is always at the finish line of every race congratulating me. I can only hope for 70 more years together. Because certainly by 2083 we will be living well into our 100′s.
I never thought I would say this, but I might be falling in love with the Blackberry Z10. Here are just a few reasons the Blackberry is quickly earning a place in my technology lineup:
- The size is perfect and it’s so lightweight. I have carpel tunnel in my right hand due to years of computer use and this is one of the first smartphones that hasn’t bothered it.
- Ease of use. With previous smartphones, the learning curve has been steep compared to the iPhone I was used to. The Blackberry Z10 only took me about an hour to learn and the gestures are very similar to the iPhone.
- Plethora of apps. I haven’t had any troubles finding all of my beloved apps in the Blackberry World store.
- Blackberry Hub. The Hub lets you quickly swipe to see all of your email and social media messages in one place.
- WiFi connection. Nothing fits my lifestyle more than the ability to use my electronics on the go. We recently traveled for a few weekends in a row for Mother’s Day and while the husband was driving, I was working away in the passenger seat.
- Battery Life. The Z10 stays charged for hours, even with excessive use or tethering it to my laptop or iPad.
So far, I have been using the Blackberry Z10 for about a month and I find myself continuously reaching for it as my go to smartphone.
Are you a Blackberry fan?